Okay, I don't want to go overboard with a meaningless exhibition, but there are a couple of valuable things we can learn from these games with regard to the regular season, so here are some quick takeaways from today's game:
- Troy Tulowitzki, Todd Helton, Dexter Fowler, Brad Hawpe and Clint Barmes are completely extraneous and the Rockies should probably trade them all for prospects now while their value is still high.
- Seth Smith will win the 2010 NL MVP trophy. He'd be on pace for 500 hits and 162 HR's if this game counted.
- This goes against front office wisdom a little, but I think most fans would agree that the Rockies starting outfield this year should be Smith, Chris Frey and Jay Payton.
- Jorge De La Rosa will win the Cy Young if the team ever decides to move him into the starting rotation.
- Jason Hammel isn't going to do too badly himself.
- The Rockies bullpen is awesome.
WOOT!! THIS ONE IS A ROCKIES WINNER!
Rowbot Roll Call: TuLoRocks2008, BringItHome, Shoemaker, Chacinisthefuture, controlled_slide, Muzia, nodakroxfan, GoRockies!!, Mondogarage, Andrew Martin, Maria M, Junction Rox, RockiesDave, Fiftytwoeighty, Rox Girl, squalene203, phishbate, Bryan Kilpatrick, holly96, holliday5, Foxhole Atheist, fantasyfencing, ShadowPenguin, WolfMarauder, ckloewer, Helton17, Colsportsfan, RoxnSox09, PinchHitLancePainter, Silverblood, arpagamos, coolopotamus, ZTC_87, Tulo2low, RdRnnr, rockiesfan4ever, EricMedic, FlyAway, RhodeIslandRoxfan, TripleT-Rox, realmenwearpurple, BrazenAbyss, walkoff59, Jeff Aberle, SDcat09, biondino, smokinRox
Total Users: 47
Total Posts: 1100
Total Threads: 2