The Rockies lost to the D-Backs on Sunday afternoon at Coors Field, 10-7. I lost to my wife on Sunday afternoon/evening in our nursery, 950 (as in hours spent, times nagged and muscles pulled while setting up a crib, dresser and bookshelf) to 3 (I was allowed to drink a beer and two sodas). A couple of noteworthy things from this game:
- I dropped at least 73 screws while buildi ... oh, wait -- the Rockies game. Yeah. That...
Sorry. Here are those noteworthy things.
- The Rockies have now lost nine straight games. In a season completely full of terrible, that is their longest such streak. OH MY GOD.
- Matt Belisle and Adam Ottavino continued what has been a rough stretch of baseball for the two ordinarily solid relievers. Both guys' arms are probably about to fall off, though, so I'm going to cut them a lot of slack.
- Wilin Rosario is f-word-ing AWESOME. With three more hits, he's currently sitting at 9-for-13 in the series. Now, if he'll only learn to catch...
- Where's Todd Helton when you need him? The D-Backs' final two pitchers of the game, Takashi Saito and J.J. Putz, have both allowed memorable walk-off homers to the Toddfather. Too bad he wasn't here to smack another one. Love that guy.
- Will Harris...ouch.
Sorry for the late game wrap. Just because a guy writes a decent article, he thinks he can go and screw up an entire weekend of posting...right? What a butthole.
58 - 94
The Rockies need to play .500 ball for the remainder of the season. Otherwise, that 100 thing is happening, and I'm just going to crawl into a hole for six months.
The usual stuff is after the jump...
Roll Call: Nick95, The Lodo Magic Man, ES46NE10, Roxman4ever, Nephelimdream, SDcat09, RockyMountainWay91, Britbronco22, cameron.goeldner, DomP, zmiko, Paleface Destro, holly96, papality, free7694, Northsider1964, EmersonCR, steakman, jrockies, Charlie77, Sjamb, Andrew Martin
Total Users: 22
Total Posts: 856
Total Threads: 1