Colorado Springs: Kaz went 2-for-4 as he continues his stint in the Springs. Jeff Baker (47) and Ryan Shealy (40) both contributed RBI, along with Miguel Ojeda and starting pitcher Mike Esposito. That's 40 RBI in 39 games for Shealy. Esposito wen 7 innings, gave up 2 ER on 5 H and K'ed 6. Nate Field picked up his 13th save.
Tulsa: This should give a nice idea about what happened. Stewart also committed his 9th error and Jason Burch had a nice inning of work as he K'ed all 3 batters he faced.
Modesto: Here's what happened in the bottom of the ninth:
* Pitcher Change: Matt Fowles replaces Mark Rosen.
* Christopher Frey walks.
* Jonathan Herrera triples (6) on a fly ball to left fielder Jereme Milons. Christopher Frey scores.
* Jose Valdez reaches on fielding error by pitcher Matt Fowles. Jonathan Herrera scores.
* Matthew Miller grounds out, third baseman Rusty Ryal to first baseman Cesar Nicolas. Jose Valdez to 2nd.
* Justin Nelson walks.
* Neil Wilson doubles (11) on a fly ball to center fielder Chris Rahl. Jose Valdez scores. Justin Nelson to 3rd.
* Matt Fowles intentionally walks Kyle Wilson.
* With Duke Sardinha batting, wild pitch by Matt Fowles, Justin Nelson scores. Neil Wilson to 3rd. Kyle Wilson to 2nd.
* Matt Fowles intentionally walks Duke Sardinha.
* Michael Davies singles on a fly ball to right fielder Carlos Gonzalez. Neil Wilson scores. Kyle Wilson to 3rd. Duke Sardinha to 2nd.
5 runs scored right there to win 8-7. In addition to Neil Wilson's double he also tripled and collected a total of 4 hits. Kyle Wilson and Michael Davies had 2 RBI each, while Herrera and Valdez had 1 each. Chris Frey worked 2 walks at the 9 spot. Humberto Cardenas went 7 solid innings and K'ed 7. Scott Beerer picked up his 2nd win.
Asheville: Marlins farmhand Sean West owned the Tourists last night as he K'ed 8 in 6 1/3 innings of work. Daniel Carte had the lone RBI for the team in the 6-1 loss. Chaz Roe pitched well despite taking the loss. Hewent 6 innings, allowed 2 R on 6 H. He K'ed 6 and walked 2, but also allowed his 1st homer. James Burok pitched the 7th inning and allowed 4 R (3 ER).