Thoughts on the game:
- Tulo may have an oblique injury or some sort of "muscular thing," but nothing official has come out yet. Please don't be a major injury.
- Ubaldo Jimenez gets credited with a "quality start" by going six innings and allowing three runs. He also struck out five. But his WPA was -0.68.
- Ian Stewart came through big time with that homer in the eighth, having stuck out thrice before that AB.
- I want Huston Street back. Franklin Morales made me nervous. Frankie also got squeezed in the strike zone a couple of times by the ump, but those high leverage index situations he was in were tense. Still, he wound up with a .168 WPA.
- Chris Iannetta made two throwouts today, but Clint Barmes helped save the second one. That one came in the top of the ninth and had Barmes missed that ball, the game would have been tied.
78 - 60
The usual after the jump.
Row Call: Russ, TuLoRocks2008, LACK, RockiesMagicNumber, amoeba, Mondogarage, The Lodo Magic Man, DbacksSkins, realmenwearpurple, befizzle, Cargo's Ball Sack5, alacy9513, Squeaky, fantasyfencing, GoRockies!!, Shoemaker, SDcat09, bballrox4717, ShadowPenguin, free7694, a16416, ddavis539, Narcoleptico, holly96, RdRnnr, MohrPlease, binford04, jrockies, Teekalong, DieHardRox, CombatChuk, nodakroxfan, Kumar_98, GoRoxInNSB,FL, squalene203, Neclord56, purplesocks, alex colfax, Colsportsfan, controlled_slide, rockies31, Angélique C. Murray, WanderingRoxFan, RockyMtnCat, GoodOleBoyCo, SpringStein