So this is what I like to see two days after leaving civilization with the Rockies in third place and three games behind the division lead:
NL West Standings
Yep, let's finish the second sweep in a row and a 9-1 homestand today, Rox.
- Renck: Broadcaster Miller whiffs on Rockies' cheating accusation - The Denver Post - the Giants and their fans have always been the most suspicious of the humidor (take a stroll through a search of the word "humidor" at McCovey Chronicles if you don't believe me) dating back to their team's relatively poor performance at Coors Field in the 2003-2006 seasons. I don't know why they seem to be the league leaders in whiny conspiracy theorist nutjobs, but whatever. Renck's right. If something's amiss, collect a few baseballs and show some legitimate proof.
- Rockies' Fowler, Iannetta on way up after being sent down - The Denver Post
- Eldred powers Rockies to sixth win, now within one of Padres - The Denver Post
- Padres not about to panic - The Denver Post
- Helton scenario problem: Everybody's on first - The Denver Post
- Rockies' next trick: repeat playoff spot - The Denver Post
Salt Lake Tribune:
There's something interesting to this article besides the reiteration of Giambi as secondary hitting coach theme, and that's that the Salt Lake Tribune continues to have pretty regular features of the Rockies and their players/coaches/owners. A successful Rockies franchise should also be successful in stretching a brand media presence across most of the Rocky Mountain West, we're really starting to see SLC being drawn in, while Albuquerque remains a bit elusive despite being a little closer.
Ryan Theriot rumor:
In this article mostly talking about possible Dodger/Cubs trades, a brief mention of the Rockies interest in Ryan Theriot is brought up. I'm taking these talks were just after Troy Tulowitzki's injury and before Jonathan Herrera became what he is right now and Clint Barmes took off. In other words, ignore it.
- The Item: Sports - Clemson looking for answers at QB - Partly because Kyle Parker is still making his decision. You can also read this.
- Rockies' Ubaldo Jimenez halfway to 30 but won't make it | freep.com | Detroit Free Press