The All Star Break brought a lull in organizational transactions, leaving us with a pretty simple article this week.
- Joey Williamson assigned to AA Tulsa Drillers and placed on the Reserve List.
- Greg Reynolds activated from the Reserve List.
Williamson had been brought to the Sky Sox to eat innings while their pitching staff was reformatting itself. With Reynolds being activated to return to the rotation and Keith Weiser making more sense to keep at AAA, Williamson returned back to the Drillers. Williamson was placed on the Reserve List to give him time to return.
- Stephen Dodson activated from the 7 Day Disabled List.
- Hector Gomez activated from the 7 Day Disabled List.
As you may recall, with the promotions of Warren Schaeffer and Keith Weiser to the Sky Sox, the Drillers were short two men on their roster. These two activations fill it, with Williamson not taking up a roster spot yet while on the Reserve List. Gomez spent just about exactly a month on the DL, with Dodson about one week less.
- Charlie Blackmon placed on the 15 Day Disabled List.
- Cole Garner activated from the Reserve List recalled from AAA Colorado Sprrings Sky Sox.
After Blackmon's unfortunate foot fracture, Garner was recalled straight back to the majors just after leaving the team the previous day. Garner was on AAA's Reserve List at the time of recall.
- Blake Johnson signed and assigned to AAA Colorado Springs Sky Sox.
- Ryan Rohlinger placed on the 7 Day Disabled List.
Former second round pick Johnson, who has plenty of experience in both starting and relief, was released by the Royals earlier in the year after struggling with Omaha, the Royals AAA affiliate. His minor league contract with us lasts through the rest of this year. The 26 year old has never made it to the majors. He was on site upon signing his contract, and the team did not need to wait to activate him. I have not been able to find any news on Rohlinger's injury.
- Albert Campos unassigned (injured? reserve list?)
- Alan DeRatt assigned to A Asheville Tourists from Temporarily Inactive List.
DeRatt had been placed on the TIL not long after returning to Modesto from a brief stint in the Drillers rotation. Now DeRatt goes down another level, and has started at least one game for the Tourists. As usual, Asherville did not announce the transaction officially, but I do know the player that was replaced on the roster was Albert Campos. DeRatt could have been an injury replacement, or Campos may be otherwise occupied with injury or something else.
The rest of the week after the jump.7/9/11
- Wilin Rosario placed on the Temporarily Inactive List.
- Sean Jarrett placed on the Temporarily Inactive List.
- Michael Ramirez assigned to AA Tulsa Drillers from RK Casper Ghosts.
- Joey Williamson activated from the Reserve List.
Rosario got three days off for a trip to the Futures Game. Other players in the game never left their teams' active roster, but you don't want to leave your team with just one catcher. Michael Ramirez is a 21 year old 2007 signee who is repeating a year at Casper, clearly not actually a AA level player; just a temporary replacement. He did not get into a game with Tulsa.
Williamson was activated at the expense of Sean Jarrett, whose year thus far has improved, bt still has the look of a player not fully recovered from injury. Jarrett has spent several extended periods on both the DL and TIL this season.
- Bryce Massanari unassigned (injury?).
- Anthony Aguilera assigned to A Asheville Tourists from A- Tri-City Dust Devils.
Massanari had been struggling recently compared to his first two thirds of the season, but there's no real reason to send him away from the team other than an injury, so I am assuming this is what happened, but I cannot confirm. Aguilera caught with Asheville last year as well when we was meant to be a member of the Casper Ghosts, but injury to Jose Gonzalez led to Aguilera spending most of his season there, so this is not unfamiliar territory for the catcher.
- Trevor Story signed and assigned to RK Casper Ghosts.
The highest draft pick to sign so far, shortstop Story was the team's 2011 supplemental round pick for Octavio Dotel. No corresponding move, the Ghosts are still below their maximum roster limit.
- Michael Ramirez assigned to RK Casper Ghosts.
- Wilin Rosario assigned to AA Tulsa Drillers from Temporarily Inactive List.
Rosario returns from the Futures Game, and can be activated due to the TIL assignment being retroactive one day. Ramirez returns to Casper, which yet again does not require a corresponding move.
- Esmil Rogers assigned to AA Tulsa Drillers, on rehab assignment.
Rogers had been technically pulled off rehab, but remained with the Sky Sox. After suffering another injury in a rehab start, Rogers begins the attempt to return once again. As always, rehab assignments do not count as a roster spot; no corresponding move.
- Chris Jensen assigned to A- Tri-City Dust Devils.
Jensen, the 6th round 2011 draft pick, signed back on June 30th. He joins the Dust Devils, who like the Ghosts, are not currently carrying a full roster. No corresponding move.
- Patrick Johnson assigned to RK Casper Ghosts.
Another June 30th signee finally getting assignment, Johnson was the Rockies 25th round pick this year. Once again, Casper is still under their maximum roster limit.
And there you have it.