Welcome to Baseball Season, folks! While the first pitches haven't officially been thrown yet, you know when it's time for the new season to spring when Jeff Aberle is posting his Fantasy Baseball Leagues!
Fantasy baseball is always more fun the more active you are. I know from personal experience that when you have a fantasy league where half the players bail because they really didn't want to do it in the first place, then it's just to the detriment of the active managers. For example, in Fantasy Hockey, this Andrew Martin guy re-registered his team and then didn't even look at the stupid thing again for like 2 months, when he could have been making deadline deals and such.
Not to blame the platform, though. Yahoo! Sports Fantasy has been the platform I've used pretty much since I started fantasy sports in general, so it wasn't for lack of familiarity.
Best I ever finished in a fantasy league was 1st overall in 2009. My team was called "Aaron Cook: Playoff God" and some notable teams I beat out included:
- "steroid users only" (2nd)
- "I Believe in Z" - poor M's fan (3rd)
- "lol the mets" (4th)
- "martin prado = jesus" (6th)
- "Iknownothingaboutbas" (7th)
- "Jeff Karstens' P***s" (13th)
It was a good year for Fantasy Baseball.
Now, let's bring back the real thing, shall we?
Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider and home to the #1 Fantasy Baseball game available - all for free! Here are some of the features:
- Free live scoring
- Mock drafts
- Mobile apps
- Over 80 scoring categories
- Live and offline draft apps
- Tools to manage your keeper league
- Top-notch information and resources
- Expert advice throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and weekly radio coverage on the Fantasy Freaks
Yahoo! Sports now offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play – Pro Leagues are here! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes.