The Colorado Rockies released their 2014 spring training schedule on Tuesday. Colorado will open Cactus League play in an "away game" against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Feb. 28 at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick before beginning their home slate against the Milwaukee Brewers on March 2.
Unlike last year, the Rockies won't play any exhibition games outside of the greater Phoenix area. Their spring training schedule ends on March 29 against the Seattle Mariners at SRFATS, two days before the team opens the 2014 regular season on the road against the Miami Marlins.
The Rockies closed spring training in 2013 with a tuneup game in Salt Lake City against the Seattle Mariners.
Several teams will play exhibition contests outside of Arizona, including the Texas Rangers, who will play a two-game set against the Astros in a fairly intriguing venue -- the Alamodome in San Antonio.
You can view more about the Rockies' spring training slate here, as well as a full Cactus League schedule here.
More from Purple Row:
Follow @PurpleRow Follow @SBNationMLB
- 2013 Colorado Rockies Bullpen Review (AKA zomg we signed LaTroy Hawkins)
- Tuesday Rockpile: LaTroy Hawkins represents a low-risk, moderate-reward signing for Rockies
- Purple Row Prospects Polling Thread - Fall 2013
- Monday Rockpile: The Dexter Fowler dilemma
- 2013 Colorado Rockies bench position player review, Part 2