As is often the case, the people who read my articles are a lot smarter than the person who writes them.
When I asked the Purple Row community to comment upon, vote and submit their own ideas for, a new nickname for the Colorado Rockies infield, they did not disappoint.
Since there was such a wealth of quality suggestions from the community, we thought it might be nice to add some of the best ones, eliminate some of the worst ones, and do a final vote for an official Purple Row moniker for the Rockies stellar infield.
We may even have a community member make some shirts for whatever wins. So take this somewhat absurd exercise seriously!
Here are the finalists:
- Everyone who has seen Arrested Development will find this hilarious
- The double meaning of the word "leather" works
- We're a sick community
- Something is wrong with all of us
- Think of the children
Infield of Dreams
- Tie-in to one of the greatest sports movies of all time, Field of Dreams
- The infield is pretty dreamy
- Could easily make for a pretty cool shirt
- Not especially unique to the Rockies
- Really flows off the tongue
- Unique to Rockies
- The Shield imagery is both awesome as a metaphor for defense and makes for good merchandising
- Uhhhhhh ... none?
The TuLeMordo Triangle
- Uses the players names
- Reference to Bermuda Triangle, where things go to disappear (hits, runs, etc)
- Kinda sounds like something from Lord of the Rings and already has an awesome meme here on the Row
- Doesn't flow especially well
- If not pronounced correctly, it can sound like it leaves out LeMahieu
- Denotes a "covering" of the entire infield
- Was suggested by Ryan Spilborghs, who is awesome