- Lackadaisical: Lackadaisical command led Kyle Freeland to walk five batters, two of whom scored.
- Passive: A passive run is one scored without getting a hit; the Brewers scored a passive run in the fourth inning.
- Vacant: Bud Black has a vacant look in his eyes when watching a pitcher with poor command.
- Sluggish: Jesús Aguilar sluggished two home runs.
- Supine: The Rockies’ bullpen was supine as the Brewers rolled over them for five runs.
- Lifeless: The ill-conceived fourth inning bunt attempt was lifeless .
- Inert: See ‘Rockies on base.’
- Inanimate: Can an inanimate carbon rod hit? Is it available?
- Dull: A two-run ninth inning was not enough to enliven the dull game.
- Leaden: The Rockies leaden gloves resulted in four (4) errors.
- Enervated: Watching the Rockies commit as many errors as runs scored enervated Rockies fans.
- Drowsy: I started feeling drowsy in the sixth inning, when the game had been on for two and a half hours despite there only being eight (8) hits. It ended more than an hour and a half later.
- Lukewarm: The once hot postseason hopes have turned lukewarm.
- Mopish: Losing a home series to the Brewers left Rockies fans mopish.
- Blah: Blah.
- Alert: Staying alert to playoff odds can help bring optimism to an otherwise limp lead in to an off day.
- Awake: Let’s hope the Rockies are awake in Kansas City on Tuesday.