As you’ve likely read, Eric Garcia McKinley is moving on from Purple Row. His passion for this community and the Rockies and his leadership at the site will be sorely missed. It’s not an easy task, but we’re launching the search for Eric’s replacement.
If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Rockies and the community here at Purple Row, and that’s exactly what we’re looking for. Keep reading to see if this might be the perfect fit for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a part-time, remote, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Rockies storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Rockies and is already familiar with the voice and style of Purple Row.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’d like to lead the team at Purple Row, and a baseball-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via the Vox Media careers page. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items as specified.
Purple row and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Rockies from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.