Purple Row’s third annual Opening Day breakfast is fast approaching, and we now have all the details except the weather. (It has to be warmer than last year, right?) We still haven tickets let, but not many, so get them while you can. Here’s what you need to know.
Where to go
The breakfast will take place at Wynkoop Brewing Co. in downtown Denver, located at 1634 18th St. That’s a 7 minute walk from Coors Field.
When to show up
On Opening Day, April 5, naturally. More specifically, breakfast and coffee will start being served at 8:00 a.m. As usual, this event is a BYOBM occasion (that is, Bring Your Own Beer Money).
What to expect: Media Q&A
The media panel will run from 8:30 until 9:30 a.m. The guests include:
- Jenny Cavnar from AT&T SportsNet
- Jerry Schemmel from KOA
- Patrick Saunders from the Denver Post
- Taylor McGregor from AT&T SportsNet
What to expect: Giveaways
We have a lot of goodies to hand out as well. Just pick up a raffle ticket when you check in.
- 10 purple BreakingT t-shirts (2 each of I’m a Kyle Freeland Guy and Trevor Story’s Quarter Mile Club, and 3 each of Nolan Arenado’s Bloody Celebration and Tony Freaking Wolters’s Wild Card hero shirt). If you don’t want to leave it to chance, you can still buy some of these. Sizes range from Small to 3XL.
- Todd Helton Colorado Springs Sky Sox bobblehead.
- A signed, authenticated Bud Black 1983 Fleer card, when he was on the Royals. (I wonder if Buddy gives Tony Wolters mustache advice.)
Once again, the Rockies were kind enough to donate a few goodies for us to hand out. This year, they include:
- A signed David Dahl baseball.
- A Los Rockies shirt signed by mucho swagger himself, Raimel Tapia.
- And a pair of game worn shoes from one Tony F. Wolters.
See you there!