Due to the cancellation of the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments, Purple Row is hosting our own Rockies Madness Tournament this year. We selected the 36 best players in Rockies history to determine the best player in franchise history. We sorted them into four regions to force the most interesting matchups: Infielders, Outfielders, Mile High (for relievers and starting pitchers who began their career before the humidor), and Humidor (for starters who began their career after the humidor). All stats are from Baseball Reference.
Today is Round 1 in the Mile High Region: No. 3 Brian Fuentes vs. No. 6 Scott Oberg.
Brian Fuentes, Relief Pitcher
Fuentes Rockies Career Stats
All Star (2005-2007)
- Brian Fuentes was the first reliever and third pitcher in Rockies history to be named an All-Star.
- In 2006 Fuentes was chosen to help represent the United States in the inaugural World Baseball Classic.
- In the Rockies 2007 run, he pitched in all three games against the Phillies and was the winner of the deciding game.
- He is now an almond farmer in Merced, California.
Scott Oberg, Relief Pitcher
Oberg Rockies Career Stats
- Scott Oberg was the winning pitcher in the 2018 Wildcard Game against the Chicago Cubs, becoming the first reliever to win a postseason game when facing at least four batters and striking out all of them.
- Oberg is a highly memeable player and cat aficionado.
★ ★ ★
Mile High Region: Round 1, Game 1
This poll is closed
No. 3 Brian Fuentes, LHP
No. 6 Scott Oberg, RHP