To our loyal and devoted Purple Row readers:
First off, I want to say that I hope you are all staying safe and well amidst these unprecedented times.
Secondly, I wanted to speak to you not as managing editor of Purple Row but as a person going through tough times just as you are. I know that the longer this COVID-19 crisis drags on, the more anxious everyone is getting. It’s especially challenging because there aren’t any sports to distract us from it all. Trust me, I’m as sad about that as you are. And I know that the constant changes in plans, both from a sports perspective and just from a national perspective, make it harder. If you’re anything like me, you like knowing what’s coming next and the constant unknowns and changes in plans make you feel anxious and make you just want to turn it off until you have a concrete idea of what your next step is. It’s stressful and we all handle our stress in different ways.
In the age of the internet, it is really easy to get caught up in things and lash out at other people. You don’t know someone personally, and you probably won’t, so it’s easy to call them out because you don’t have to deal with the consequences. We see trolls on social media all the time. However, Purple Row is not social media. It is a safe place where all Rockies fans come together to talk about the Rockies — in COVID crisis or not.
We are in a spot where we have to balance our content. We don’t necessarily want to write about COVID-19, but it is relevant to the situation we are all living in. However, it also tends to polarize everyone because of the constant unsettling unknowns and changes of plans and information. We are not trying to push a political agenda one way or another, we are simply reporting on the news that is being written.
With that being said, I would like to remind you of SB Nation’s Community Guidelines. Some of the highlights include:
- Be respectful in your interactions with contributors and fellow fans.
- Don’t be a jerk, and don’t call other people jerks.
- We’ll remove anything we see that jeopardizes our communities.
- You can help with that. If you see something that doesn’t align with our guidelines, let us know. Flag any comments, FanPosts, or usernames that violate our guidelines so our community managers can review them.
I would also like to add some more Purple Row guidelines that include:
- Keep your language “radio professional.” If your word(s) would be bleeped on the radio, don’t use it. You all have been doing a good job overall, but please keep the profanity to a minimum, particularly with harsh profanity (f-bombs, etc.).
- No politics. I know that is challenging in this day and age, so if you absolutely must talk politics, keep it baseball-related.
We will be removing posts and issuing warnings and/or bans for anyone that violates any of our community guidelines. Purple Row needs to be a safe space and anyone who threatens that will be asked to leave.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be glad to assist any way that we can.
Thank you for being loyal readers and sticking with us through these unprecedented times. We are doing our best to still produce the best Rockies content for and by the fans, and we appreciate your support.
As always: stay safe, stay well, and go Rockies!