The Rockies will add two more prospects to their ranks tonight (assuming whomever they choose ends up signing). There’s one benefit to the Rockies’ miserable 2019 season, which is a higher draft selection. This year, the Rockies will have the ninth selection after going 23rd last year, and the 35th selection.
This is the first time the draft will be carried in prime time on multiple networks. It will also be done virtually with appearances by the top 23 draft picks will as well as one baseball operations executive from each team. General manager Jeff Bridich will represent the Rockies.
Day 1 will include the first round (37 picks). Rounds 2-5 (123 picks) will begin at 3 p.m. Thursday. We’ll keep you up to date on the Rockies’ picks and tell you a bit about them.
Here’s a look at tonight’s schedule and where to watch:
Start time: 5:00 MT
Television: ESPN and the MLB Network
The Rockies are scheduled to have the following picks in the first five rounds:
- 9th (Monday — First Round; $4,949,100 slot)
- 35th (Monday — Competitive Round A; $2,095,800 slot),
- 46th (Tuesday — Second Round; $1,617,400 slot)
- 81st (Tuesday — Third Round; $755,300 slot),
- 110th (Tuesday — Fourth Round; $527,800 slot)
- 140th (Tuesday — Fifth Round; $394,300 slot)
You can see the complete 2020 draft order and bonus slot values here.