Hello and welcome to Purple Row, home to Colorado Rockies fans on the SB Nation Network!
Purple Row has been around for a long time and has many long-time members who have graciously participated in many discussions over the years. If you are new to Purple Row, please take a few minutes to read these guidelines, as well as the SB Nation Community Guidelines. If you are a long-time member, please refresh your memory, as the guidelines and rules have changed.
Purple Row is intended to be a place for open discussion for all things Rockies baseball (and just baseball in general). However, since we are such a busy site, it is necessary to have a few rules in order to make the site a safe and welcoming community for everyone. We ask that readers please be respectful while visiting Purple Row — both to the Purple Row staff and to the other guests here. There are two really specific things that, if you keep in mind while visiting, will allow yourself and everyone around you enjoy the discussion:
- Be nice to your fellow Purple Rowers
- Keep your language “radio professional” — if it would be bleeped on the radio, it will be removed from Purple Row
Here are some more details that will help. Please keep this in mind as something that you agree to when you first sign up for this website:
When posting on this blog, please follow this one simple rule. Before hitting “post” on your remarks, ask yourself, “will this post be respectful to others who could be joining me in this discussion?” If the answer is “no,” then step away from the keyboard and don’t post. Purple Row encourages and welcomes all opinions, no matter how strong; however, personal attacks, vulgarity, and other uncivilized forms of expression are not welcome.
Under normal circumstances, posts or comments will not be deleted unless they are a direct violation of these guidelines. However, in such cases, the moderators reserve the right to delete posts or comments without notice.
Claims of “Censorship!” are not relevant. Only the government can censor you. This is a community with rules; when you sign up, you agree to follow these rules. If you can’t, you will be asked to leave.
A Short List of Rules
- Personal attacks on community members will not be tolerated. This includes direct attacks and mocking. Such posts will be deleted without notice and anyone making such posts is subject to further discipline at the discretion of management.
- Comments or posts that are intolerant or prejudiced in nature (racist, sexist, homophobic, discriminatory on the basis of religion, etc.) will not be tolerated. This is an SB Nation-wide policy and such posts or comments will result in a warning. Repeated instances will result in a temporary or permanent ban.
- Excessive profanity is prohibited. I generally abide by the rules of “radio professional,” meaning if it would be bleeped on the radio then it will be cited by Purple Row. Excessive use of harsh profanity will result in a warning. Repeated instances will result in a short-term or permanent ban. Comments that use excessive or harsh profanity are subject to removal without notice.
- Posting personal information about anyone without their permission is strictly prohibited. This includes contact information, photos, or any other personal information. In addition, threats of violence to others are strictly prohibited. Such posts are subject to deletion without notice.
- Comments that bring politics or religion into Purple Row are also not permitted. Purple Row is a non-political, non-partisan, non-religious baseball blog. You may occasionally see an article on a Rockies or baseball topic that may lean political due to the nature of the content (especially in these unprecedented times). In such articles, discussion of the political issue is encouraged so long as the comments remain constructive and baseball-related. Personal attacks or non-baseball political comments are subject to removal at the discretion of management and possible disciplinary action (see Rules #1 and #2).
- Important note: if you have a problem with something that the site manager or any staff member has done, please message them privately rather than ask via a comment on the site. Twitter profiles are publicly available on the site by clicking on “About —> Masthead” and you can email management at email@example.com. Any comments made regarding the way the site is run are subject to deletion without notice.
Procedures for reporting violations of Purple Row’s guidelines
Complaints about possible violations of the Community Guidelines should be directed to Samantha Bradfield or any of the other editors (to see who our editors are, check the Masthead).
If you think a violation has occurred, contact us and flag the post. Please include the following information in your message:
- Your Purple Row username
- The Purple Row username of the user in question
- The URL(s) of the post(s) in question
The last part is really important. Purple Row is a busy site, and if you can direct us by URL to the specific post that concerns you, that makes addressing it much easier. The specific URL to any post or comment can be found by clicking on the date and time of the post or comment. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible to at least let you know that your concern has been heard. We will then contact that member privately — either via email or issuing a formal warning on the site.
If a second violation is made by the same member, we reserve the right to take more serious action — up to and including a temporary ban (i.e., asking that individual to step back for a few days). Violators will be given conditions to meet to lift the ban as set by the site manager and/or editorial team, and the ban will remain in place until those conditions have been met.
A third violation through this process means that action will be taken in the form of a ban from Purple Row. This happens rarely, but if an individual is upsetting the majority of Purple Row community members or management, it might become necessary to institute a ban for the sake of the community.
In the event that an individual’s behavior is disrupting and/or upsetting specific individuals or the community as a whole, the management reserves the right to ban any such individual before going through this process.
Finally, please don’t take any of these guidelines to mean that we are “dropping the hammer” or anything of the sort. As mentioned, Purple Row is intended to be a place for an open exchange of ideas about baseball and the Rockies. All we ask is that you are respectful to your fellow Purple Rowers. Community guidelines are permanently posted here for your reference.
★ ★ ★