The weekend is a great time to kick back and reflect on the week. This Week in Purple is the best place to catch up on the news and articles from our team here at Purple Row. You’ll find links to our Rockpiles and other content below as well as a platform for community discussion in the comments.
★ ★ ★
ICYMI, here are some of last week’s articles.
- Kenneth Weber started the week by pointing out just how bad the Colorado Rockies pitching was in 2022. He’s also provided an update on the Arizona Fall League:
The Rockies used the fewest amount of starting pitchers during the 2022 season not because of good health and production, but because they didn’t have any better alternatives. https://t.co/MJ4D6wnqJn— Purple Row (@PurpleRow) October 17, 2022
- Since it’s the MLB postseason, revisit some Rocktober memories with Paul Elliot:
A look at the best player performances in every Rockies postseason appearance. https://t.co/5LjzblKN9I— Purple Row (@PurpleRow) October 18, 2022
- Curious about changes to the 40-man roster? Skyler Timmins has some thoughts:
- The Rockies and hitting coach Dave Magadan have parted ways. Who should get the job? Evan Lang has some ideas:
- Joelle Milholm considers Ryan McMahon’s being announced as a Gold Glove finalist:
After a 17-error season for Ryan McMahon, his talent to make above-average plays still earned him a Gold Glove nomination this season. That with his improvement in the second half of the season, could be a turning point for the Rockies 3rd baseman. https://t.co/BvZjJ0fWPf— Purple Row (@PurpleRow) October 21, 2022
- The Affected by Altitude podcast dropped another episode if you’re looking for something Rockies-related to listen to this weekend:
This week, @evan_lang27, @sideline_crowd, and @MacWilcoxCBP discuss the #Rockies coaching changes, the meteoric rise of top prospect Zac Veen, and name their players of the month for September and October! Special Guest Appearance: Mark Wahlberg! https://t.co/Rb3csD5ZmE— Purple Row (@PurpleRow) October 17, 2022
And our “Ranking the Rockies” series continues. This week we covered:
- No 36, Ezequiel Tovar
- No. 35, Justin Lawrence
- No. 34, Gavin Hollowell
- No. 33, Charlie Blackmon
- No. 32, Michael Toglia
You can read the entire thread here.
And enjoy our Tweet of the Week:
Have a great weekend, everyone, and enjoy playoff baseball. We’ll be back with new articles on Monday!
★ ★ ★
Please keep in mind our Purple Row Community Guidelines when you’re commenting. Thanks!